Zooooooooooooooom! Have you ever felt like time is travelling at warp speed? If you're a student, I'm sure you're nodding your head in the up-down 'yes' motion. I feel like it was just yesterday I was anxious about writing a blog and now I'm writing my third one!
This has been such a busy week in both school and my personal life! Tomorrow morning I am going to sign the paper that declares I just purchased a condo (cray, right?) and as of this week I will be a real life homeowner! I already have so many ideas as to what to do with remodelling and thankfully many websites offer online planning maps to use in order to gauge whether or not a certain style would work in your home. Even though I am somewhat technology illiterate, it sure does make life easier and would be hard now to live with out it. In other news...
In week 3 I began to create my very own website that I hope to use for my own classroom in the future. At first, I was very hesitant to create a website, but now I am coming around. I used Weebly to create my site and I was really impressed with the variety of well organized templates and colourful themes to choose from. Weebly makes it easy to personalize my website, while also looking organized and professional. I would say my style is very modern, simple and organized (which I hope my condo will exhibit) and I believe that particular style is coming across in my website. I also attached a calendar to my website that parents and students can refer to for assignments and upcoming events. It was a little tricky to attach a calendar, but I did it! I plan on posting the link to my website in a future blog post to inspire other teachers to use a classroom website. I believe the site will be very useful to keep parents and students updated and to stay connected with parents by posting weekly updates of what we did in the classroom.
Until next time!
I have been thinking of condos too - maybe you can tell me about it?
ReplyDeleteI have officially moved in and started the renovation process. A big reason I decided on a condo is because I do not want to pay rent. I really like the fact that if I want to go away on a trip for a week or two I can lock the door and go! If you have any questions just let me know!
ReplyDelete