Monday, 17 February 2014

Week 6

Hey there! Welcome back! What a crazy week it has been! This week in ICT we finished our projects using powerpoint. We were instructed to make a powerpoint using one sentence to tie all the slides together. My sentence was related to travelling: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St. Augustine. In my powerpoint I showed pictures from some of the famous sites I was lucky enough to see on my trip to Europe. It was a cool idea to use powerpoint in a new way to display something personal about myself. In my first year of education, I have learned it is necessary to personalize learning in the classroom.

In class we also started a group project - shooting a video about any topic of our choice. There were four people in my group, including myself and our video was a Youtube tutorial video. I think our video turned out pretty good. Our group got along well and it was easy to bounce ideas off of each other to create our Youtube tutorial video. However, prior to filming our professor had us watch a cautionary video about filming vertically and somehow we still managed to film a clip vertically (#fail). Filming our video allowed me to use my iMovie application on my Macbook for the first time (even though my mac is three years old!). I guess I just have not got around to playing around with this program. Once I got started editing, I found iMovie to be surprisingly easy to edit and move clips around. Our project was a lot of fun to make and I plan to add transitions in this week (with my professor's help of coarse!).

Over the weekend I spent a lot of time watching the Olympics (#goCanadago) and discovered a great app to stream to my AppleTV (Apple plug number 3). The app is called CBC Olympics, and it keeps me updated on all of the events. I find this app to stream smoothly and it has better quality than any of the websites I have come across. If you are interested in the Olympics, I highly recommend checking it out!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment