Sunday, 2 February 2014

Week 4

Hello again! Welcome back! I have a lot of fun and interesting things to share with you from my week in ICT!

To start with, I have to say, in only four short weeks I have learned a lot of helpful tools to use in the classroom (and I hope you have too!). On Monday, I continued to work on my website (which is almost finished), I promise I will post it in the next blog at the latest! Last minute I decided to gear my website to my upcoming 4/5 multiage preservice teaching placement, and as a result I have a few more details to include.

In other news, I signed up for a Animoto account, which is a lot of fun! I really like this website because it is simple to use. The website allows you to create your own digital story videos and helps you make it beautiful by selecting a complimentary theme. The videos are approximately 35 seconds in length, but if you are wanting to create longer videos that is available as well. In my video, I recreated my visit with my cousins in Okotoks at their community beach. I can't wait for beach weather again, the -30 Manitoba weather is beginning to be unbearable!

In the future, I plan to have my own classroom website that allows parents to stay updated on what's new in their child's learning activities. It will also give students access to assignment due dates and homework overview. Although I currently don't have a FAQ page, I may include one, as it would be beneficial to students who need to review assignments that they find unclear. I also plan to use Animoto as a platform to display what students are doing in the classroom. This will continue to allow students to explain to their parents what's new in the classroom, as well as provide a visual to their explanation.

Below is a link to my first Animoto video. Enjoy!

Beach Day



1 comment: